Recently there has been a number of serious offences committed at licensed premises and gaming locations in the Brisbane Region. Please be aware that offenders may target your premises to commit offences.
Offences include: Armed Robbery (Camp Hill); breaking into a place and forcing entry to gaming machines (Tingalpa); and gaining entry to tills and threatening staff (Woolloongabba).
Please be VIGILANT with your security practices. Offenders will often “case” a place before they commit an offence. Be on the lookout for, and record any suspicious behaviour or questioning.
Other Business Security Tips:
- Prevent access to tills and areas for staff.
- Be discreet when handling cash and lookout for people who may be watching.
- Have a secure area for handling and counting cash.
- Reduce the number of access points when closing down at night.
- Vary the times tills and gaming machines are cleared.
- Empty tills and gaming machines regularly to reduce the rewards for offenders.
- Ensure that the CCTV is functioning and of good quality.
- Contact your local Crime Prevention Police Officer for a security assessment.
- Follow link below for more information: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/businessSecurity/default.htm=
Senior Constable Sandi TREMBATH
Crime Prevention Coordinator – Riverside Patrol
Dutton Park Police Station Phone: 3020 8171