Queensland’s Taxi Council has reminded people attending tomorrow night’s State of Origin game at Suncorp Stadium that taxis are an economical, direct and safe alternative to public transport.
4BC Interview with Wayne Crookes (Chief Operating Officer, TCQ)
Chief executive officer Benjamin Wash said many people forget that when four or more people catch a cab together, the cost can be comparatively low.
“Not only are taxis economical, but they are a safer, door-to-door transport option,” he said.
Mr Wash particularly urged younger people to jump in a cab rather than walk home from Suncorp or from bus stops and train stations.
“I suggest that parents will have a much greater peace of mind knowing their daughter or son will be dropped right at their door.”
Taxi tips for State of Origin:
• A secure rank will operate at Suncorp Stadium after the game, on Castlemaine St.
• The next most accessible taxi rank is outside Hotel LA on Petrie Tce
• After Caxton St reopens, the rank outside the Caxton Hotel will also be open.
• Drivers can refuse people who they believe are too intoxicated, present a threat or do not have the capacity to pay
• Drivers have the option of asking for a fare up-front. The meter will still be turned on and the account will be reconciled at the destination.
• Both Yellow and Black & White cabs can receive bookings via their respective phone apps.
• Please be patient with drivers during heavy post-game traffic. Taxis are ordinary vehicles and do not have the ability to magically pass through other vehicles or to fly.