South Burnett Times | By Sophie Volker | 3rd Jul 2017
THE Dalby taxi service is no longer in jeopardy, thanks to Stanthorpe Cabs and Limousines owner/operator husband-and-wife team of John and Kellie Cook.
Mr and Mrs Cook have taken over the operation of Dalby Cabs and they promise cabs will be running as usual as of tomorrow.
This news comes after Dalby Courtesy Cabs ceased operations on Friday evening, shocking many members of the community and leaving the future of the cab industry in Dalby uncertain.
Mrs Cook said the need for taxis in our community was great and they were glad to provide a solution to this problem.
"Obviously there's been a bit of inconvenience caused for the community in the process before we were taking over and we'd like to apologise for that," Mrs Cook said.
"But the taxis will be up and running as of tomorrow.
"We need taxis in the community, there's a great need for cabs.
"You've got your elderly and DVA clients, hospital transport and the young ones who want to go out and get home safely."
Leisa Saltner had been operating the business with no financial profit since her mother, Elaine Denning, passed away in April this year.
Mrs Denning had not written a will, which left Dalby Courtesy Cabs with no legal owner or operator.
"I'm so relieved. Since Mum passed away it's just been an emotional upheaval for me," Ms Saltner said.
"With the closing of the business as well, it's absolutely floored me emotionally.
"Now that there is some light at the end of it, I'm more than happy knowing that there is a resolution for the community and drivers.
"The veterans and the elderly will have transport back and my eight drivers will be back into jobs again."